• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Things to know to get into World of Warcraft Classic

jannick

World of Warcraft Classic will be released in August 2019, and many believe that player numbers will drop once the rose-colored glasses come off. However, the original World of Warcraft experience remains a huge success for Blizzard, and in fact, World of Warcraft subscriptions have doubled since its release last year.

World of Warcraft Modern is expected to make its eighth expansion, Shadowlands, before the end of this year. If you've been following World of Warcraft for years, this is exciting stuff. But if you've drifted away while the game has gone through various (inevitable) changes and you're looking for a harder MMO experience, you're probably worse off jumping into World of Warcraft Classic.

World of Warcraft Classics became a reality when Blizzard finally asked players to return to the "vanilla" Warcraft experience over the next few years. For years, players resolved their issues through various private "legacy" servers, but when Blizzard told Nostalrius (the biggest of them all) to shut down in 2016, fans once again demanded official "vanilla" servers. Blizzard finally relaxed and announced World of Warcraft Classic at the BlizzCon 2018 opening ceremony.

When World of Warcraft originally launched in 2004, it attracted a large number of players and quickly grew to millions of subscribers worldwide. In addition to the game's size, the powerful force behind the MMO's success lies in the world in which it operates.

Azeroth has existed since the launch of Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans in 1994, and subsequent Warcraft 2 games were based on history and lore. Warcraft 3 is probably the most popular character from these early games, and introduces us to many of the characters that continue to play important roles in World of Warcraft, including Sylvanas Windrunner, Gianna Prodemor, and Alsace Menethil.

When World of Warcraft was released in 2004, Blizzard's massive MMO vividly embodied all of the knowledge, backgrounds, and locations established in the early World of Warcraft games.

If you only have a few hours a week to devote to the MMO, Classic is probably not the game for you, and you'd be better off looking at modern Warcraft to fill in the Azeroth-shaped holes. That said, if you're not particularly interested in scratchy content like raids or top-level dungeons and just want to explore Azeroth 2006, then go ahead. However, if you want to enjoy everything Classic has to offer, be prepared to spend a lot of time not only improving your character, but also completing various attunement quests and building up a good reputation to access some of these later instances .

World of Warcraft Classic doesn't offer the quality of life you're used to in modern World of Warcraft or many other current MMOs. For beginners, scaling enemies is much less than forgiving, and you'll quickly be overwhelmed if you attack more than two enemies at a time without preparation. In Classic Azeroth, traveling from place to place also took a lot of time - flight points weren't as numerous as they are now, and since the game's gold isn't as readily available, you may have trouble saving your first or even buying riding and riding.

But it's not all doom and gloom. When you double World of Warcraft, you'll get a real sense of progress, watching your character get stronger as you increase in level, equipment and overall experience.

You may be wondering if the journey is worth it now, almost a year after the start of the Old Azeroth launch. The answer is a resounding "yes."

For starters, you won't have to deal with queues to log into the game - or queues that kill individual quest clans due to player saturation. Sure, busy servers may still experience the occasional login queue on big patch days, but those days are usually less frequent.

Another benefit from now on is that the game's economy will settle down. Depending on the number of servers you choose, crafting materials, wow gold classic should be more readily available in the auction house at lower prices. And you can also get it from reliable stores like SSEGold.com. And if you want to deal with your own things - perhaps to save money on the first store - you should have a more stable market.

Last edited:

Matt6VZ

Thanks for the guide. I've never played WoW and want to make my first steps there, so it's good to know what to do first

Peruantaran

Thanks for the guide. I've never played WoW and want to make my first steps there, so it's good to know what to do first

Dominorobo

I'm excited about the release of the World of Warcraft Classic next month. It will be a blast to see how the game has evolved since its original release. I've been playing World of Warcraft for years now, but I still find myself getting drawn back into the classic experience from time to time. Seeing your character progress and get stronger as you increase in level and gear is just so satisfying. So if any of you are planning on jumping into Classic, I'd definitely recommend it. And if you need any boosters or help along the way, you can look at this site for some great resources. Good luck out there in Azeroth!

Last edited: