• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Staff Application - Toad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad

General questions

What is your forum username? Toad
What is your discord username? hathaway#6893
How old are you? 17 (Junior in high school - that's how it works in America).
What timezone are you in? PDT
How many hours per day would you be available to devote towards Hytale Hub? Two, at least.

Do you have any previous experience working on similar websites?
Not on any websites, but I have owned and run a 20,000+ member Discord server.

What are your real life hobbies?
I do a lot of extreme action sports such as BMX racing, and Downhill Mountain biking. I also enjoy learning in my free time such as reading the news, learning new skills on Khan Academy, and such.

Are you currently employed? If so, where?
I am a junior in high school, I do not have a full or part time job.

Tell us about one of your greatest achievements in life, as well as one of your greatest failures.
While my parents may say any one of my various academic
achievements is my greatest, I am very proud of the level of skill I have reached in the sports that I am passionate about. As for my failures, none are truly failures because I learn from these events and I improve so that next time I am successful. A general example of this growth mindset is learning to manual through rollers for BMX racing, falling on your back is common when learning this skill but I took what went wrong and what went right and applied it to the next time that I tried and was able to succeed and improve.

Extra info / qualifications:
I speak fluent English, good Spanish, and I am learning French.

I have a passion for justice, so I will always act according to what is the right thing to do.
I am an honors student in high school.

Scenarios

A user is spamming in our discord and you mute him. He then asks his friends to spam you. They do - how do you handle it?
If it's happening externally from the server I'll just let them know that if they need help in the future they can ping me in the server or contact another staff member and that I am blocking them because they are spamming me.

Another staff member bans your friend and you disagree with his choice, what are you going to do and why?
I would first assess the actions of my friend and the punishment received in an impartial manner. If I conclude that my friend did not receive a fair punishment, then I will first contact the staff member and discuss what I believe would be the correct punishment, and if we come to an agreement that's great! If we can't agree and I truly think that the punishment was not fair, I would contact a higher member of the staff team and express my concerns to them.

Thank you for taking the time to review and consider my application, I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

Billy

Retired Mod
How old are you? 17

I am a junior in high school, I do not have a full or part time job.
If I'm not mistaken - Junior is age 14, correct?

Are you telling porkies?

Toad

If I'm not mistaken - Junior is age 14, correct?

Are you telling porkies?
You are indeed mistaken, that is very incorrect. I do not know where you are from but here in America high school is typically ages 15-18.

Thanks for you concern!

Billy

Retired Mod
Okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks for applying to join our staff team!
Unfortunately, After reading over your application to become a staff member on our forums, we have decided to deny your application. Reading through your application, it appears you haven’t included sufficient detail in your answers. Please tell us about your experiences and what those experiences have taught you in terms of moderation or leadership.

A good example of this would be:
I was a moderator on ExampleMC, on this server I learned a lot about effective communication, learning that whenever I make a choice I must ensure that other staff members agree with this choice for example..

If you’re still interested in becoming a staff member on our website, you are able to do so in two weeks (March10th). If you have any questions about your application, feel free to send me a private message.

Regards,
The HytaleHub application team

Status
Not open for further replies.