• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

My view on "hytale is minecraft 2.0"

Sithril

Sithril
Master
As you guys can read from the title I wanna share my view on how people name hytale.
First of all I would agree in some aspects it is similar to minecraft but realistically that's what happens in the block game genre, its not a direct competitor to minecraft, or at least the developers don't want it to be.
Also it is not a ripoff or a clone, if anything it could really be a big improvement.
Now the positive side, Minecraft is the second best selling game of all time, was earlier revealed to be the most watched game on youtube by 'ceo' of youtube gaming himself oh and more monthly players than fortnite and a lot of other games and is becoming massive in china too.
For be a game to be called Minecraft 2.0 I think it will really have to be very good and successful so we might as well take that title with pride :)

Ciaran

Dr. Shrek
Legend
Master
☑️Verified
Hero
Minecraft is soon Hytale 2.0 😅

As you guys can read from the title I wanna share my view on how people name hytale.
First of all I would agree in some aspects it is similar to minecraft but realistically that's what happens in the block game genre, its not a direct competitor to minecraft, or at least the developers don't want it to be.
Also it is not a ripoff or a clone, if anything it could really be a big improvement.
Now the positive side, Minecraft is the second best selling game of all time, was earlier revealed to be the most watched game on youtube by 'ceo' of youtube gaming himself oh and more monthly players than fortnite and a lot of other games and is becoming massive in china too.
For be a game to be called Minecraft 2.0 I think it will really have to be very good and successful so we might as well take that title with pride :)
Hytale is different and Minecraft is bad, OK? lol

MrSebosaurus

I agree. I feel like whilst they're both in the same blocky genre, they're anything but the same game. I think they should just simply coexist aside one another where Hytale players may also still play Minecraft, vice versa.

Dev

MC Modder and Experienced Java Developer. 19
Legend
Master
Minecraft is not a bad game but it is now a boring game (at least for me) so I think Hytale will recreate the old good experiences that Minecraft gave us some years ago.

I agree. I feel like whilst they're both in the same blocky genre, they're anything but the same game. I think they should just simply coexist aside one another where Hytale players may also still play Minecraft, vice versa.
True, that might be kind of a problem?

Life

Agreed, it will most likely not live up to it but it will certainly be one of those games you will remember :)

My impression is that Hytale will provide what Minecraft currently does, plus add even more goodness on top of it.

I don't think it's erroneous to say Hytale could replace Minecraft for many people, I think it likely it will for me. Minecraft unmodded gets boring fast and without a good enough competitor it seems as if Minecraft has been left to languish without very many meaty updates. In others words, Minecraft got complacent and with Hytale it will have to up its game.

For me, Hytale looks like what Minecraft wishes it was destined to become.

Sithril

Sithril
Master
My impression is that Hytale will provide what Minecraft currently does, plus add even more goodness on top of it.

I don't think it's erroneous to say Hytale could replace Minecraft for many people, I think it likely it will for me. Minecraft unmodded gets boring fast and without a good enough competitor it seems as if Minecraft has been left to languish without very many meaty updates. In others words, Minecraft got complacent and with Hytale it will have to up its game.

For me, Hytale looks like what Minecraft wishes it was destined to become.
I agree, I think mojang really didnt push minecraft to its full potential and I think hypixel studios is way more compotent as well.

Toad

I think Hytale will attract the more mature Minecraft players, lot's of server devs, and likely a new group of players who haven't played Minecraft very much or at all and find it more appealing.

Lion

It wont live up to Minecraft but will 100% be a great game.

DarkPaladin

From everything I've seen Hytale will surpass Minecraft at least thats my hope. I've played Minecraft for years and nothing will ever take away all the memories I have of playing that game with my friends and family on my server. But even with all the mods out there I always felt it was lacking. My hopes for Hytale is that it will fill that gap and surpass my expectations so I can finally put Minecraft aside and have a game that me and my kids can enjoy for many more years to come.

Minecraft feels empty :(

I'll never care for this argument that a lot of people make, at the end of the day if I enjoy the game more than I do minecraft then I'm going to play it. If people feel that minecraft is still the better game I hope they enjoy their time playing it. Honestly it's the same with every game that have similarities with one another, each to their own at the end of the day. I won't be wasting my time arguing with those that one is superior over the other.

iaminsensible

Platinum
Platinum
Minecraft is not a bad game but it is now a boring game (at least for me) so I think Hytale will recreate the old good experiences that Minecraft gave us some years ago.
I mean, I don't think you can re-experience the "Playing Minecraft on a cool summer of 2012" no matter how hard you try.

Dev

MC Modder and Experienced Java Developer. 19
Legend
Master
I mean, I don't think you can re-experience the "Playing Minecraft on a cool summer of 2012" no matter how hard you try.
Yep, I totally agree with that. I remember those old days some years ago, they were truly awesome.

Maniac

Staff member
Hello there @Ishmael, I'm informing you of the thread moving into the Hytale section as this opinion thread is prioritising the idea of Hytale and it's relevance, thanks!

HeyitsRiley

Verified
☑️Verified
I would say Hytale is basically a copy of Minecraft as that's where the idea of Hytale originally came from
However Hytale is been made to be a lot more customization for all kinds of uses as we know Hytale is been made by Hypixel Studios the owners of a very popular Minecraft Server Hypixel, This been said they are legit recreating Minecraft to add things that everyone wants in servers and so on meaning people can do whatever they want and be able to customize anything to their imagination

Ace

addison#0583
☑️Verified
I would say Hytale is basically a copy of Minecraft as that's where the idea of Hytale originally came from
However Hytale is been made to be a lot more customization for all kinds of uses as we know Hytale is been made by Hypixel Studios the owners of a very popular Minecraft Server Hypixel, This been said they are legit recreating Minecraft to add things that everyone wants in servers and so on meaning people can do whatever they want and be able to customize anything to their imagination
Just because something inspired it, doesn't make it a copy. They never said that they are "legit recreating Minecraft". Hytale will just be what Minecraft was meant to be, but never was. Minecraft will always be the godfather of the genre and will have nostalgia behind it. Hytale is just the step forward. Games will always progress and this is just that next phase.

XPHonza

The only THING that Hytale will never have that Minecraft has is Thaumcraft 4 sadly. :,(

Jakosei

Minecraft is boring no purpose in it, killing mobs is literally just spamming one click doesn't feel rewarding in the slightlest, the game doesn't look appealing villagers and other creatures have a dead look like no thoughts going inside their heads not even some interactions lmao, no talking or attention going in, I get scared just playing
Minecraft is an innovative creation like no other game no hate to anyone but still It's not that great... Hytale on the other hand hope it's turned around fun

suggestion123

I kind of hope they go to war (me so g they try to get more players than the other) because normally players when because both games try to reach their full potential players always win because they make really good updates normally