• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Machinery and other technologies

Gantros

In Minecraft, some of the more popular mods involve the use of machines and other technologies, such as Tinkers Construct, Immersive Engineering, and Mekanism, among others. For Hytale, I’d like to see a robust yet simple machinery system that fits within the fantasy setting of the base game. For example, a set of basic parts that can be assembled in any way you see fit, much like a Lego Technic set of gears, cogs, axles, belts/chains, pulleys and other parts that interact in a realistic manner. Need a mill? Build a windmill or a watermill that can grind your flour, dyes, or other materials. You can arrange the gears to control the speed and thus the rate of durability loss versus production speed. Other machines like elevators, drawbridges, elaborate doors, traps and more would be possible. These principles could be applied to other crafting pursuits, like building a foundry or making a metal press.

Gantros

I 100% agree, I've always wanted intuitive fantasy machinery mechanics. If those things are possible within Hytale's engine there is no doubt that I will immediately try to make this type of mod. Probably the biggest hurdle will be trying to rotate structures in a grid-based game, if that isn't possible I could settle for the rest of the features like pulley-elevators and mills.
I liken the gears to function like Legos, where you mount the axle into a receptacle block and then add more axles, gears, screws and other parts until you get the desired function.

XPHonza

Guys as i interpreted the blog posts there will be only server-side-modding. But it will be still very moddable.
Here is the official statement:

"Will you support modding?
  • Yes. Hytale was made with creators in mind and includes a comprehensive collection of tools that grant players more creative power than ever, from model creation and animation to filmmaking, in-game scripting, and - of course - building with blocks.
  • However, to combat abuse we will not permit modifications to the client itself. With the amount of freedom you are given with Hytale’s toolset, however, you won’t need to do so. Having a single version of the game to support makes things easier for us as developers, too."

It is a shame ,but like i... they said it will be extensively moddable. I wonder if "mod" sharing will be even possible lol