• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Theory Levelling and skill trees?

Petramoss

In good ol' fashion adventure role playing games, aside from a developing world and progressing narrative, there also needs to be a sense of character evolution. This in Hytale will be easily attained by building, completing story and dungeons, finding gear and incremental character customisation (esentially change the appearance of your character to reflect the experiences that you have had).

And we know that there are plenty of things to do outside of the classic RPG skills, such as melee combat ranged and spellcaster skills in Hytale, but what of farming, mining and cooking? Will there be pre intergrated skill trees and levelling system? It would add a depthy juicyness to the game that I think would play very well in adventure mode.

There's whisper in the back of my mind telling me that it's already in the game, furthermore if it isnt already, would we have the power with the creator tools to script and crerate a GUI for skills and the like?

Perhaps if this does need to be made as a mod, then it would certainly upset the balance of the game, so another mod would be needed to reshuffle the games difficulty. Perhaps each Zone would need a recommended - reccomended - recomended... How do you spell recommended?... Anyway. Need a recommended level in order to go toe to toe with magically corrupted and potentially immortal outlanbders in Zone 3 (outlanders = Zone 3 methinks?) vs some rickety skelingtons in Zone 1.

Reyrey

Cool (didnt read it)

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
So the team has confirmed that there will be no "linear progression system". We don't know exactly what they mean, but we know that leveling (in the traditional RPG sense) will not be present, along with the class system. However, the progression will be based on gear, especially in sets (Kind of like Hypixel's Hit game Skyblock). There may be more to this story, whether through small skill tree's and we do know that they have also expressed a desire to make specialization fun and meaningful.

I don't know how they are going to do this, but I did take a poll a few weeks ago and these were the results...

Progression through learning special recipes and items you mass produce can be compacted into compressed forms like in Hypixel Skyblock.
Votes: 5/41 : ~12%
Progression through trading and a world wide currency, all your work can be converted to other forms.
Votes 13/41 : ~32%
Progression through completing quests and an achievement system much like Pam's Harvestcraft and other Minecraft Modpacks.
Votes 7/41 : ~17%
Progression through earning experience and leveling up skills, like the normal RPG way
Votes 8/41 : ~20
Progression through an incredibly hard difficulty system. You progress through honing your own personal skills, and specializing in any form takes large amounts of time and patience.
Votes 8/41 : ~20

Reyrey

LOL am still not reading that even if it look shorter XD