• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Hytale In Reality: Animals (Part 2)

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
By Antnest8

Hello guys, and this week we are going to investigate more of Hytale’s wildlife! This is a sequel post to both my first Animals post and also the Metals post! If you liked those, then you’ll love the selections I have picked for today! If you are not as interested, I think you can still glean a bit of information about Hytale from this. Also, I have big plans for future posts, so don’t worry. Now into the actual post!

Moose.jpg
Moose/Elk

The moose/elk is a new addition to the long list of animals in Hytale! Recently shown in a February Postcard, the moose is believed to be in Zone 3 of the game, which follows their natural distribution of cold forests. I believe there may be a chance of them being in zone 1, but it is a slim one.

Moose are big mammals and their sizes of over 1500-1000 pounds, with the addition of their antler could pose a threat to players. Moose have been known to attack humans, and due to their larger populations, injure more people that grizzly and black bears combined every year! This is usually when Moose are hungry or when they are protecting their young. I Hytale, it could be possible that Moose can charge you, if you get on their bad side! They rarely, would kill you though.

Moose eat a variety of plants and are considered herbivores. They are known for eating saplings and weeds, leaves and even bark! If your planning on planting trees in Hytale, I suggest keeping these mammals away from your orchard!

Random Fact: There was an attempt to introduce Moose to New Zealand, This was a failure, and despite signs that moose still exist in New Zealand, one has yet to be seen since the 1950’s

Bison.png
Bison

This widely known animal in America has made it’s appearances in Hytale as well! This mammal is also seen in Zone 3 and it would be my guess that both Moose and Bison are staples of an outlander Diet! Bison are known for living in grasslands and prairies (The Prairie Bison), just as much as alpine mountainsides (the Wood Bison), so I would no put it out of question to see Bison in Zone 1 as well as in Zone 3!

If you though that Moose were large, then think again! Bison can weigh over 1 ton (2000 pounds)!! Bison weigh more the Moose and therefore are more dangerous as well! Bison have been known to charge, injure and even kill tourists! I will note however, that most bison attacks are started because of people getting way to close to the animals. In Hytale, we will not be simple tourists, we will most likely be holding weapons and the Bison will be running from us! Still, they might fight back so exercise caution while hunting!

Bison are herbivores and, much like cows, eat mainly grasses. There are many Bison farms that raise, and kill bison, this could be added in Hytale where Bison are domesticated.

Random Fact: Bison are not related to Buffulo, even though they are commonly called such. Buffulo are completely different animals.
Clownfish.png
Clown Fish

We have all watched Finding Nemo (if not, go do so!) and have a basic Idea of what clownfish are, but these colorful fish are seen in Hytale and what could they do to add to the games immersions?

Clownfish are native to the pacific and Indian oceans, in warmer shallow waters. Likely meaning that Clownfish will only be found in the shallow oceans near the coast in Hytale. Clownfish will pose no harm to the player, but if you chase one, they might hide in an anemone, which secretes toxins.

Clownfish are known for their symbiotic relationship with these anemones and it is believed that the fish have a protective mucus that tricks the anemone into letting the fish in. Clownfish are omnivores and eat plankton, algae, and whatever dies in the anemone. My conclusion is that Clownish might have interesting fleeing behaviors (to an anemone), but other than that, will just stand as a cosmetic.

Random Fact: Male Clownfish take care of the eggs, as opposed to most species of animals.

Macaque concept.jpg
Macaque

There is very little known about Macaques in Hytale as they only appear in Hytale Concept art for Zone 4. Macaques are Monkeys, that live in the jungles of Africa and Asia. They prefer Fruit for their food but can eat other plants and in some cases, Crabs! They are on the smaller size for creatures, only weighing 40 pounds!

Macaques are very dangerous to humans!! Not in their size and behavior, but rather in the diseases they carry. They are known to spread several lethal illnesses to humans! If Hytale has a illness feature (it’s not confirmed, or even hinted at) I would stay clear of these animals, however, seeing as there is no such feature yet, all these primates can do to you is annoy you with their noise!

Random Fact: In China, there is a cave with several Macaque looking rock formations! It is called Macaque cave and it could possibly be inspiration for why the team decided to add Macaques to the caves under Zone 4!

Ram.jpg
Ram

Probably one of the most epic looking scenes in the trailer is when a sword wielding adventurer is riding a white Ram towards a giant yeti that throws a boulder! All male sheep are called Ram’s but the kind that are seen in Hytale are likely Bighorn Sheep. These animals live in Rocky and mountainous areas, in both hot and cold climates. This could mean that Rams could reside in both Zone 3 and Zone 1!

The Bighorn Sheep is big, but more in the sense of a sheep and not a horse. With a weight of 300 pounds on average, Bighorn sheep do not make all that great of mounts. Thankfully Hytale is Fantasy and we know that we can ride them in-game! Although Bighorn sheep are not great mounts, they can still do damage! Bighorn sheep can ram you (hence the name) and injure you. I don’t know how dangerous they will be in Hytale as big horn sheep are top game for hunting and if anyone is getting hurt in a Bighorn sheep encounter, it’s the sheep.

Random Fact: Bighorn Sheep duel each other for mating. This would be really fun to watch in Hytale if it is added.

Wolf.jpg
Wolf

Finally an actual predator in this post! I saved the best for last, so get ready for the Wolf!

Wolves were first seen in Hytale in early blogposts, tamed by Trorks. Wolves can be tamed in real life (but it is risky) and Dogs are just the ancestors of domesticated wolves. Wolves are found in Zone 1 and 3. I doubt they will be in any other (announced) zone.

Wolves are strong and have a lot of stamina, (this is why your dog is Hyper all of the time, looking at you Punzie). They weigh around 80 pounds but can get up to 170 pounds. Since wolves are small compared to their prey, they hunt in coordinated packs of around 8 wolves, but this number can get as large as 42! (If you find 42 wolf pack in Hytale, I suggest you 1. Hide, 2. Run to safety if it is close enough or 3. Exit the game rejoin when they despawn.) This is because Wolves are dangerous to a lone person. Wolves can run at speeds of 30 miles an hour, but even more dangerous is that they can move at 5 miles an hour for miles and miles! When you are weak and exhausted, they attack.

Wolves in Hytale will no doubt provide a dangerous challenge to new players and sometimes even in mid-game! This is not to mention the wolves that Trorks will have amongst them!

Wolves are completely Carnivorous and the diversity in their diet ranges from small animals like beavers and muskrats to large bison! A larger prey usually feeds a pack for weeks on end, but usually comes with greater risk for the pack.

Random Fact: Wolves stay with their mates until death.

Conclusion

I hope this helped providing information on some more Animals in Hytale! Also, A new postcard came out while I was writing this that includes almost a minute of Hytale footage, so go check that out! Thank you so much for your support and see you next week!

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
I forgot to mention at the end; I used a different style than my other animals post, Which do you guys prefer? The more "paragraph style" of this post, or the more listing "information style" of the last one?

Kairu

Staff member
Helper
It's so nice to learn about the world of Hytale, keep it up :)