• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Hytale Combat

Hello, firstly i wanna say i have hundreds to thousands of hours in Minecraft and that includes PVP ( I hate 1.9+ pvp btw) and Simon posted a few tweets on how people would want to see combat look like. Not a lot of in depth discussion was on the mechanics behind it, I want to talk about what i want PVP to be and as skill-based and user friendly as possible.

Firstly in minecraft clicks vs clicks is the primary pvp type as this is a less skillful way and doesn't Involve much other variables to have a competitive advantage. As this is true there is objects in minecraft to combat this mechanic which is knockback if someone can click you 13 times per second and is running at you if correctly done you can still kill them by using knockback and around 5 cps. These objects in minecraft is a fishing rod, bow, projectiles and explosives.

My idea to translating this into Hytale? Well i want Hytale to be it's own game and i would want them to have different types of combat due to which weapon is equipped.
but the basic sword is what should be the default standard for any pvp situation or minigame. I want the default sword to tune to your clicks but it's block is what make it mostly skill. If you block someones attack by right clicking they will get knocked back which you can re strike with the tactical advantage.

I want to know your guys ideas! V V V V

This mechanic back and forth will not only increase the skill within hytale but will keep the old aspects of pvp lets say you sneak up behind a player in hytale you can click as much as you like free of charge because you know they can't block you but on a head on battle you want to be careful when spam clicking as it can be a disadvantage if the other player makes a block. If your fighting a skilled player you will see less spam clicking and more trying to use different timing or bait the other player to blocking to make a free strike or trying to block the other player to knock him back to make a clean strike.