• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Theory Drop-able abilities might be a thing in this game?

Dolco

Master
Master
I saw in the trailer where the main person was slaying skeletons, when he killed the one with the book, it literally dropped it and he could use it as if it was his own.
This would be rather unique for an rpg since there has not been a game that has done that that i remember.
I'm probably thinking that you could get any abilities sort of thing from killing mobs that hold that, or a chance to get it.
I am also guessing the books'll have a durability otherwise that'll be just too efficient and op.

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
Yeah, maybe there are also different tiers like in minecraft. Like, Power 1, Power 2, etc..
I do hope that enemies drop their weapons but maybe with a low tier and low durability.

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
I think I remember Hytale saying they would do weapon/gear based progression, but they might have changed it (or I'm remembering wrong). Anyway, if that is the case, then harder enemies will have harder gear as you go on, so there wouldn't be a need for enemy drops to be extremely low durability, since the next enemy you face will already have better gear. For instance, if you faced a common Trork, he could drop the exact weapon he was holding, but it wouldn't need to be low durability, because you could just go on and fight a higher level trork who has a better weapon. While you can go back and fight lower level monsters with that better weapon, their gear would then not be as useful since you have improved and their drops aren't as good as the current enemies.
Anyway, sorry if that was too confusing.