• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Dev Update Adding a parry combat system

Adding a parry combat system into the game will make the game more intense and interesting since you won't just have to rely on dodging and since most games don't have parrying, it will make Hytale more unique and it will make players rely upon their actual skills and this could make player PvP more tense and fun. This won't just determine the players armour being a huge advantage and this could also be used against mobs too.

Attachments

Gregory S

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Site Admin
☑️Verified
Adding a parry combat system into the game will make the game more intense and interesting since you won't just have to rely on dodging and since most games don't have parrying, it will make Hytale more unique and it will make players rely upon their actual skills and this could make player PvP more tense and fun. This won't just determine the players armour being a huge advantage and this could also be used against mobs too.
Love this idea. Thumbs up.

Game Syn3gy

Thumbs up as well. I love parrying in games, builds my reaction times. But I think there could be a flaw here. If items run off of durability like in minecraft, this would be less likely, but couldn't you just use parrying as your main form of attack? You would get a strong enough shield then you could parry every single attack (doing chip damage maybe) while not taking any yourself. But on the topic of shields. Shield riding (sledding sort of [I just need to throw that out somewhere so somebody knows]).

With parrys, it could allow opportunities by stunning the opponent. (*G-A-S-P* Maybe we could give our shield certain 'enchantments' or effects. Such as a form of thorns damage or elemental damage with each parry. ^v^)

LuciusOfLegend

Both this suggestion and Game Syn3gy's reply get my vote. I would add that maybe a parry would temporarily stop you're attacker from using a weapon, giving you time to either deal some damage or make a swift escape. Perhaps there would also be attacks that are immune to parrying (such as a maces downward smash attack) so that you couldn't just get good and be immune to damage. If all the things in this thread were implemented, it would be *chefs kiss*