• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Question About Hytale's current status

Man

I've seen videos in YouTube in which certain users have access to what I assume is the Alpha version of the game. If this is the case, what was the selection process of those that are taking participation in said project?

Also, is there any possible way in which an user can request a certain nickname for when this game's beta is released? Or are we going to have to claim them as soon as the game drops?

For what I've been reading there's pretty much no information about any of this topics, so your replies would be appreciated.

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
There is no Hytale Alpha currently. Or these were actualy Hytale Clips released by Hypixel on their blogpost. Or these were minecraft modpacks.

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
There have been a VERY select few who have played what you could say is the Hytale alpha. One of which they would not be posting anything on Youtube. One of which groups was the team the wrote the Hytale Edge article. They were able to play a bit of a (I think a pre-made) world.

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
Well, as others have said, only a select few higher-ups have been able to have a look at the game in person, none of which would be posting that on youtube. If you saw it on something like Hytale News or Kweebek Corner, or anything else I guess, it was probably an analysis of the in-game footage we've been shown on the official Hytale website's blog posts so far, a bit of which is gameplay, but it isn't open to anyone at the moment. As for the name reservation, there isn't anything set up, the best you can do is sign up for the news updates/ beta. Also, you can look at https://hytalenames.org/ to see what names others already plan to use, but keep in mind it's nothing official.